maanantaina, tammikuuta 09, 2006

Dear Mr. Blogspot.


Dear Mr Blogspot.

You told me that my blog is most likely spam.
I quote:
Your blog requires word verification

Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

Before we can turn off mandatory word verification on your posts we'll need to have a human review your blog and verify that it is not a spam blog. Please fill out the form below to get a review.

Hey! I have news for You! This isn't spam.
Crap?
Sometimes.
Spam?
Never.

It's nice to know that Blogger has "spam-prevention robots", whatever that means. White, glistening, robots coming down from the skies and killing all spammers (that sit by the cricket field watching the game)?

Might it just be, that my blog is actually written in finnish, not in english?

Did you, in fact, know, that there's quite a few of us non-english bloggers, too?
Yep, we do exist.

And hey, if it's not written in english, it has to be spam.
Hasn't it?

Furthermore, have You, Mr Blogger, read the W3C's article Introduction to "Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA"?

I'd say You haven't.
You should.

And no, I won't be writing in english anymore (after this one).

And yes, I'll also email this rant to You, just to be sure someone actually reads it and "reviews my blog and verifies it's not spam".

PS. Your CAPTCHA is really, really annoying. All the G's and Q's look the same, I'm able to type in the proper code perhaps every other time or so.


Sama suomeksi:
Pitäkää tunkkinne saatana.

Ei kommentteja: